Here’s a piece of U.S. legislation that is unimaginably unAmerican: the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of 2012, Section 1031 which provides broad authority for the federal government to use the military in domestic operations in order to detain Americans indefinitely and without trial. Such a move nullifies the 4th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, as well as the natural rights of Americans.

Even publicly criticizing the federal government can now rise to the purposefully vague definition of a “belligerent act.” I could be arrested and detained indefinitely — without access to a  lawyer, btw — for what I’m doing right now.

This isn’t liberty, folks. This is not what our brave soldiers have fought and died to defend through the last 236 years.

Remarkably, NDAA 2012 has passed both the House and the Senate, but I’m hoping that once they figure this out, Americans will raise their voices and ask the president to veto the bill. Here’s the White House Comments Line: 202-456-1111, and here is the online form for comments (which I just used).

Tagged with: , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Renewables - Politics
0 comments on “News from the U.S. — Federal Government Takes Final Step to Suspend Constitution
  1. Cameron says:

My comment sent to the administration:

Defend the Bill of Rights. Veto the NDAA.

…Simple as that.

• Craig Shields says:

Yes, that IS simple. I really don’t think this is rocket science. I don’t impute a huge level of wisdom to the man on the street in the year 2011. But have we really fallen THIS far?

• Craig Shields says:

“Those Who Would Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.”
      - B. Franklin

2. adam says:

This is truly one of the biggest stories no one is talking about.

• Craig Shields says:

Well said. This is outrageous. I know the man on the street isn’t paying attention, but I would have thought this would have gotten more attention that cats caught up in trees.

3. George Alger says:

Thanks for the online form. I submitted sentiments to veto NDAA.

4. Gary Ares says:

From my perspective, anyone who voted for the bill broke their sworn oath of office. It will get worst because they realize how easy it is to erode our freedoms, which gives a certain few more control.

5. [...] Ares, a senior marketing professional in Rhode Island, writes about my article on the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which provides broad authority for the federal government to use the military in domestic [...]